Nombre: Jenn
Ubicación: Las Matas de Farfan, Dominican Republic

In May 2005, I graduated from Carroll College with a B.A. in History and a minor in Anthropology. As useful as my majors are, I'm working in Agriculture with the Peace Corps in the Dominican Republic!

23 enero 2006

Don't Worry About It

I don't know how many times I've been told in the last six months: "Don't worry about it." Usually whenI hear this, I am asking people for packing advice. I go through ups and downs thinking that I'll just patch together what I already own and not worry about anything I don't already have. Then I start to wonder about the stuff I don't have. What about a shortwave radio? Or a laptop? Or a sleeping bag? Are they necessary? The little things hit me, too, about toiletries or a blow dryer. How am I going to do this??

I have to keep going back to what I've been told over and over again. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!!

I fly out exactly three weeks from today. I am going to start packing today to see what I do need to get. I don't have a huge shopping list, but batteries, film, and the like are things I need to stock up on. I feel like there's a lot to do, but in the end, who cares? I'm going into my biggest lifestyle change to date and what I'm wearing isn't going to matter. It's the education, experience, and attitude that I pack that will make a difference.