Nombre: Jenn
Ubicación: Las Matas de Farfan, Dominican Republic

In May 2005, I graduated from Carroll College with a B.A. in History and a minor in Anthropology. As useful as my majors are, I'm working in Agriculture with the Peace Corps in the Dominican Republic!

07 noviembre 2005

Dreaming of Anxiety

Last night, after a long day of reading and watching movies, I had one of the most vivid dreams regarding my future experience in the PC. I had a few days left until I left, without an ounce of stuff packed for my trip. I hadn't gone shopping for those necessities I've been reading about (headlamps, radios, decent underwear). I had no clue as to what I was doing. I didn't have much time, and a lot of stuff to do. Talk about anxiety.

I think I'm just starting to realize subconsciously that I leave in close to three months. I only have six weeks left in Helena. I'm absolutely terrified. I'm afraid that I don't understand what I'm getting into. I don't know anything about my assignment. I barely can ask where the bathroom is in Spanish. I have all these ideals about what I want my life to be like when I get to the DR, and I don't know if it's all going to fall into place.

I know I can place this into the hands of fate. Whatever happens, happens for a reason, but at the same time, do I want to be unprepared for the biggest lifestyle change I may possibly ever have?